Sunday 29 December 2013

Boxing Day Traditions

Christmas is all about family traditions. We all have them, the phrases we say once a year every year, the 'in-joke' gifts we give, the places we visit, the family we see who we haven't seen for the rest of the year and the food, oh the food! 

In my family it's Boxing Day where the traditions are most obvious, we always always go for a walk to burn off the turkey tummies brought on by far too much Christmas dinner and a day of slobbing about, and we always head off to a pantomime in the evening for some good, old fashioned fun :)

I thought I'd share some of my pictures from my Boxing Day traditions, I'd love to know what you're traditions are and how you celebrate the festive season.


This year we walked up to the abandoned mental hospital which sits on top of a huge hill near my parents house.  I think this building is so beautiful, it's so sad it's fallen into such a poor state, I'd love to be able to take a look inside.

As kids we used to tell ghost stories about the hospital, my friend once claimed she'd snuck inside and found the whole place still set up like a hospital, beds made, the whole lot, as if everyone had just vanished all at once.  It was a good story if nothing else!





It's behind you! 


I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and have a fabulous new year!

Steph
x

No comments:

Post a Comment