Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Halloween!


It's that time of year again, when the ghosts and ghouls come out and pumpkins become the most popular veg on the market!

In honour of Halloween I decided to give myself a fitting manicure using the Janchristie nail transfers I ordered earlier in the year (click here for my review).


1 - To create this nail look you'll need orange and black nail polishes, nail tape (or strips of masking tape) & nail transfers.

2 - Paint the base colour onto your nail, I used the orange to give a solid background for the transfers.

3 - Once the polish is dry, cut out and press on the transfer (I found using tweezers the easiest way to do this).

4 - Cover the transfers with clear polish to prevent them lifting.

5 - Stick the nail tape onto the nails without the transfers.

6 - Paint over the nail tape with the black polish.

7 - Before the polish dries dries peel off the nail tape quickly (tweezers were helpful here too!).

8 - When the black polish is dry cover all the nails again with a top coat and you're done!


Now I've got my nails all Halloweened up I'm going to spend my night watching scary films, wrapped up on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate.  Let me know what you're doing for Halloween, and who you're going as if you're dressing up this year!

Steph
x

No comments:

Post a Comment