Tuesday 8 October 2013

Lookin' Sleek!



Aaagess ago, in a desperate bid to replace my favorite lost lipstick, I stumbled across Sleek make-up in Superdrug.  I found a perfect replacement for my old trusty (is it bad that it still bugs me that I don't know where that went?!) and thought nothing more of it.

More recently, over the summer, I rediscovered Sleek and thought I'd have a good look at their collections seeing as I love their matte lippies so much.  I picked up the i-Divine palette in au naturel (mineral eye shadows), face FORM palette in Light, 373 (contouring, highlighter and blush) and a single blush in Life's a Peach!, 922.


(No flash or filter so you can see the colours at their best :) )
I've been using them for a good couple of months now and I have to say I really really like them!  I adore the range of colours in the eye shadow, although they're all earthy tones I like the way they're almost divided into groups of four with similar shades grouped together (that might just be the way my ocd eye wants to see it!) with both matte and shimmery shades together.

I've been creating lots of smokey eyes as well as more simple, toned down, every-day looks and have found it to be so versatile.  I'm seriously considering picking up another one of these in a different tone on my next payday!
face FORM palette in Light 373
Blush in Life's a Peach! 922

Onto the blush and the face FORM palette.  Sleek has a range of blush palettes that I was really tempted by with three blushes in each but seeing as the palette I was going to get had the same blush as the face FORM palette, Life's a Peach! and a shade I wasn't too sure on, I went for this combination.

The Life's a Peach! is such a gorgeous colour, it's not too strong but you can layer it up to create a way more dramatic look, its awesome!  The blush in the face FORM palette is a little more subtle and I've been loving it for day wear.  Its slightly shimmery and is such a pretty pink colour, its adorable! 

The contour and highlight in this palette are really nice products too.  The highlight is perfect for my fair skin, it's not overly shimmery or peachy and leaves a subtle glow on the skin.  The contour is okay but considering the palette is 'Light' its sooo pigmented!  The first time I used I ended up with the dreaded brown streaks on my face!  A little bit definitely goes a looong long way here!  Saying that it may have something to do with how pale my face is,so maybe it would be a slightly better shade on someone with light skin as opposed to paper-white skin!  

Let me know if you try any of these products out and which Sleek bits and pieces you love, I'm definitely up for another trip to Superdrug!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment