Thursday 19 September 2013

About Time ~ Review

About Time
Once in a while a film comes along that makes you smile, laugh, cry and warms your heart, sometimes all at the same time.  The rare gems are films to be treasured, watched over and over and enjoyed more each time.

'About Time' was definitely one of those films.  The film was written and directed by Richard Curtis who also wrote 'Love Actually' and 'Notting Hill', and 'About Time' is definitely written and shot in a similar style.  But I think most of the comparisons are drawn purely from the fact the film is British, set in London, features Bill Nighy and has the feel-good-factor of a good rom-com.

If you haven't seen the trailer the film centres around a Tim, who finds out when he turns 21 that the men in his family can travel in time and are able to go back and change what they have done in the past.  Cue re-done dates, fixed family problems and several hitches along the way.

This film really touched my heart and made me think about the way I perceive the world around me, without making it overtly obvious.  Both me and the boyfriend came out of the cinema with smiles on our faces and a warm, fuzzy feeling (I also managed to have half my make-up down my face but less said about that the better!)

If you have a few hours to spare this week I would highly recommend you take yourself down to the cinema and see this film, it will make your week!

Let me know what you thought of the film bellow, did you love it as much as I did?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment