Monday 23 September 2013

Paws and Claws

Recently I ordered some nail transfers from Janchriste, a nail design shop I discovered through Zoella's blog.  I thought the little stickers looked so cute and at £1.80 a sheet they are a litle bargain!

I gave into my cat obsession and ordered two sheets of cat prints, but there are so many styles in the shop in various colours and designs.  They also sent me a few little extras to practice with so I knew how to apply them and not waste the ones I'd paid for, which I thought was really generous.

Janchriste Nail DesignsApplying the transfers is really easy once you get the hang of it and didn't take too long at all.

First apply a base of a pale colour, the paler the better, you can put the transfers straight on a non-painted nail too but I liked the look of the coloured background.  ~ Once the polish is completely dry cut around the image you want as close to the picture as possible.
~ Next peel off the paper backing, I found it easier to do this with tweezers to stop the sticker from rolling or stretching, and stick it onto the nail of choice!
~ A few coats of clear polish or topcoat and you are good to go!  I found two layers of clear polish was best and then topped it up a couple of days later to stop the transfer from lifting.

I really love these little transfers, they give such a unique look to your nails for a fraction of a professional manicure and make it easy to chop and change your mind.  I can't wait for Halloween to roll around so I can use my little black cats with a bright orange background!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment