Monday 9 September 2013

Pre-Holiday Haul

Tomorrow I'm off on a little break to the New Forest, I can't wait to go somewhere peaceful and relaxing and just chill out for a few days.

I'm sure you all know the slight panic of not feeling quite holiday ready when you realize mid-pack that you don't have this or that and you absolutely have to take it with you!  Well that was me a couple of hours ago and so I rushed down the road to pick up all the little bits that I'd been meaning to pick up for ages but never quite remembered to do.

As tends to happen whenever I enter a pharmacy (or drug store as I think you might call them in the US) I got a little distracted by the make up and skincare stands and had a little splurge.  So to ease my guilt a little I thought I'd turn it into a blog post and show you a few of the things I picked up and am excited to try over the next few days and after I get back.

Soap&Glory 'Scrub Atomic'
August seems to have left my skin in a bit of a sorry state with multiple breakouts and extremes of combination skin.  I'm a little confused as to why my face has decided this is the time to throw a fit but nothing seems to be working too well at the mo, so I picked up the 'Scrub Atomic' daily face polish from Soap & Glory.  

I love love love soap and glory products and seeing as Boots had the range on an offer I thought I'd give this a go.  I'll definitely do a post on it in a few weeks to let you know if it's improved my face at all and if it's worth it.

Soap&Glory 'Off Your Face'
I also picked up the Soap & Glory 'Off Your Face' face wipes in the offer to give them a try.  Face wipes are such a handy thing to take away instead of taking a full cleansing set for just a couple of days (and I liked the packaging!) but hopefully they'll do my face some good too.

Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Pressed Powder
 I've been looking for a new powder for a little while now and have heard Tanya Burr recommend Rimmel's 'Stay Matte' Pressed Powder a few times in her videos, so I thought I'd try it out for myself.  I chose the transparent powder so that it wouldn't add a cakey look to my foundation and would just help to set it and keep shine at bay.

Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Concealer
The last make up thing I got was the Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer.  I've tried the 'Wake Me Up' foundation before and found it a little orangey for my skin, even in the lightest shade, but I've heard such good things about the concealer that I thought I should give it a go.  Swatching it next to the foundation in the shop it definitely seems to be a lighter colour so fingers crossed!

I'll test these all out on my holiday and let you know if any of them work  miracles!  I hope you all have a lovely relaxing week and if any of you are back to school/college/uni this week that it all goes well :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment