Sunday 22 September 2013

Autumn Loves ~ Boots

Each year as autumn approaches I get the urge to purchase a couple of winter essentials to keep me going through the harsher months, in particular cosy coats and chunky, functional boots.


This year my desire for boots got the better of me early (in my defense I did need a new pair!). My old boots have sat woefully in the wardrobe with the soles hanging on by a thread for the past six months, thanks to one to many cycle to and from uni up Welsh Valleys in countless storms, they really had given up.


My New Loves!

As sad as I will be to part with my old faithfuls I am far too excited to wear my gorgeous new pair and am already planning my winter outfits (too soon?!).  After a hunt round the high street I found a pair which were not only practical, with a nice thick sole, grip and fleecy lining for snow and ice (I am ever hopeful!) and a good bit of style to boot!


These lovelies are from Primark and cost £25, a fair price for a good pair of winter boots in my opinion, and I can't wait to wear them.  I've been experimenting with folding the tops down to reveal sections of the lining and to cut the leg off in different places and I think I like them best when they're rolled down.  Primark had a bunch of other styles and I can see myself heading back there to pick up another pair, funds permitting!



Now I've just got to resist the urge of the winter coats, I've got my eye on a gorgeous leather one in Topshop, I'll have to see if I can save up for that one!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment