Friday 14 February 2014

Be My Valentine?

As my first single Valentines Day in a while got ever closer I started to get the concerned messages from loved up friends.  How was I planning to spend the day? Would I be doing anything fun? Had anyone offered to take me out?

Rather than feeling sad that I had no Valentine this year I got to thinking how blessed I am to have so many people in my life who care enough to worry about me and how today might make me feel.  And rather than looking at happy couples with a wistful look in my eye, I've found myself feeling really happy that those I love have found someone to love and care for them.

So this Valentines Day I'm going to celebrate love in all forms, from my friends, my family and be thankful that I have such amazing people around me.  

And then I'm going to sit and watch all my favorite films without worrying that someone else might not be enjoying them as much as I am, paint my nails without complaints of the smell of fumes, do a face mask without having to worry about who will see me with a green face and snuggle up in my onesie, feeling thankful that uncomfortably small and restrictive underwear is not something I have to contend with this year!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment