Wednesday 12 February 2014

Try, Try & Try Again

 Last night as I was curled up on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate, steadily making my way through a box of Dairy Milk (it hadn't been a great day!) I started watching the Winter Olympics. 

I'm not a huge sports fan but the Olympics gets me every time.  There's something about watching people who dedicate their lives to something they love achieving the highest accolade within their field.

Last night was the men's snowboard half pipe finals and I watched as Iouri Podladtchikov (love that they call him i-Pod!) beat Shaun White to gold.  That was amazing enough in itself, but to hear that he had been stood in White's shadow for the last 8 years and was finally coming top made it even more special.  

The Olypmics, summer and winter, always prove what hard work and determination can do, but I have never been more inspired to try, try and try again.  If Iouri Podladtchikov has proved one thing (aside from how awesome he is on a snowboard!) it's that perseverance and dedication will get you where you want to be, no matter how long it takes.
 

Also can we just appreciate the fact that he won with what he calls a YOLO flip, YOLO 'nuff said!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment