Monday 17 February 2014

Monday Musings #1


The last time I tried to start a series on here I made one post, got half way through a second one and gave up (always full of good intentions!) but it's a new year and I'm going to give it a go again!  So here it is, the first Monday Musings, and hopefully the start of many...

One of my New Years Resolutions was to focus on my anxiety and try my best to gain a handle on it.  One of my main problems is worrying constantly how others perceive me, from how I look to whether I'm letting people down or not doing them proud.

I've been thinking a lot about self confidence and self respect the past few weeks and really identified with the quote 'It aint what they call you, It's what you answer to'.

It got me thinking how easy it is to accept others opinions as fact or assume that one person's view is shared by everyone.  You don't have to accept someone else's limitations for yourself and you certainly don't have to agree with their opinions, that's why it's an opinion. 

Respecting other's opinions is essential in life but so is respecting yourself enough to know that your feelings and opinions are just as valid as theirs.  You can't control what people will say or how they perceive you but you can change your outlook and attitude and be the best version of you for you.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment