Sunday 29 June 2014

Nostalgia


Looking through old photographs is literally one of my favourite things to do.  Family photos are alway my favourite, but even photographs from 100 years ago capture my imagination and set me wondering bout the muses and their lives.

I recently rediscovered these two gems which really made me smile.  A photograph of me dancing with my Dad at a family friend's wedding (and we're both smiling which is a rarity in it's won right!).  I love the fact I can see this image and remember the day as if it were yesterday, without the photo I probably wouldn't think to access that memory and the happiness it brings.

Recalling happy memories can increase current happiness and having photos around definitely does that for me.


This second picture also put a huge smile on my face.  My Mum, looking ever so pleased with herself as she yells her head off, and my Uncle proudly holding tightly onto her hand.  The sweetness coupes with the hilarity of my Mum's expression warms my heart and makes me giggle every time I see it.

Photos are so precious, they'll always be something I hold onto for that little jog to remember the good times :)

Steph
x

No comments:

Post a Comment