Sunday 29 June 2014

Vegan...Take Two


I gave Veganism a go for Lent this year, 40 days and nights of no animal products, and I loved it.  However, as it does every year, Lent came to an end and, slowly but surely, so did my commitment to veganism.

For the past two months I've guiltily eaten meat, dairy and all manner of junk food and to be brutally honest, I've felt like crap! Transitioning to the vegan lifestyle felt so easy and so natural to me and then I went and fell of the bandwagon with a serious bump.

But (and yes it's gotten bigger!) despite the lure of the rubbish food, the added pounds and the lack of energy I haven't lost sight of my vegan ideals.  This week I have decided to get back on track, cut out the junk and the animal products and get myself moving again.

I started today with a smoothie, a vegan bagel topped with banana and a HUGE glass of water and I'm determined to keep it up!  I went for a run (even in the heat, major sweaty betty!) and even tried something new.  I sat in my garden, under the canopy of the trees in the pouring rain in my little mac and let myself just be.  Nothing but be.

So often I feel as if I spend all my time worrying, panicking, filled with anxiety, chasing to-do lists and working towards the lifestyle I want and feel will make me happy.  I reckon it's time to sit for a few minutes each day in the greta outdoors and take time to take stock of where I am, who I am and just be.

We can spend our lives working towards our happy, healthy place but all we really have is now, this moment and I need more than the odd reminder to stop and remember that.

So...step one, vegan and get my health on track,
step two...stick a smile on :)
step three...breath and enjoy, it'll all be okay



Steph
x


No comments:

Post a Comment