Friday 6 June 2014

Smile Like You Mean It #1


As if keeping up with one weekly post was going so well for me (I honestly don't understand where the time goes each week! (man that makes me sound ooold!)) I've decided to do a weekly round up of the things that have made me smile each week.

I feel like too often we hear the negatives and the disasters happening in the world and it's always nice to look back on the week and the things that made you smile or giggle, even if it was only one tiny thing :)

So here goes, this week I smiled because...

1) I found out I work with a guy named Kevin G...I'm gunna let that sink in for a moment!  If you haven't seen Mean Girls (where have you been for the past 10 years!) here's a picture of Kevin G, Math Enthusiast/Bad-Ass M.C. (as his business card states!)


Sadly Kevin G at my work isn't a Math Enthusiast or a Bad-Ass M.C. but it still puts a smile on my face whenever I pass him!

2) I discovered Photo Booth on my Mac.  Being pretty new to the whole Mac thing I had no idea what it was until I clicked it and saw my face morphed into an alien!  Best 5 minutes (read hour!) I spent all week!

Is it wrong to be actually kinda impressed with my cheek bones here?!

3) I was lucky enough to get to watch the England XV v Barbarians Rugby match at Twickenham.  Cue hot men in little shorts hurling themselves around a pitch (swoon) but also a super exciting match that I really got into.  There was such a lovely atmosphere, the place was packed with families and rugby fans alike and the sun was shining, definitely a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Twickenham!
4) I got to spend a weekend with one of my best friends who I've not seen in far too long!  We partied, ate faaar too much McDonalds in a cab on the way home (vegan dieting apparently goes out the window when alcohol is involved, bad Steph!), stayed up all night laughing and then drove to London for the rugby singing Frozen songs all the way!

Let me take a selfie!
These are just a few things that made me smile this week.  It's actually made me appreciate them more by looking out for them and keeping a track of them, rather than focusing on the negatives.  I hope you've had a lovely week and don't forget to smile, even if it is just for a second, it can make the world of difference, I promise :)

Steph
x

No comments:

Post a Comment