Thursday 5 June 2014

Tanya Burr ~ Lips and Nails


I feel like I'm massively late to the party on this one, but the other week I finally got around to picking up a couple of Tanya Burr's new products.

Tanya is a Make Up Artist turned beauty blogger with her own, super successful, YouTube channel and has now ventured into producing beauty products, starting with lip glosses and nail polishes.

I picked up two of her lip glosses and one of the polishes the other week and have to say I've been pretty impressed!  

Not usually one for lip gloss (I'm much more of a bold matte lip sorta girl) I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the glosses but I've been really pleasantly surprised.  Glosses I've used in the past haven't had the staying power or the depth of pigmentation I like but these have stayed put for hours on end and required minimal top up.

I chose 'First Date' and 'Just Peachy'.  They're both pretty subtle shades but are super cute for day to day wear and go with pretty much any make up look.  The only down side I've found is application, a lot of product seems to come out at once and I've ended up having to blot my lips or spread the product out with my fingers to prevent it looking super thick or just having too much on my lips at once.  This is by no means a huge issue though and is easily got around by dabbing small amounts onto the lips and spreading with a separate brush or your finger.

Wearing 'First Date' (for an actual first date!)

As for the nail polish I picked up 'Bright and Early' a gorgeous hot pink that manages to match my phone perfectly (no I didn't choose it for that reason haha!)

I put on two coats of the polish but it would also have wired with just one, as it's a really nice consistency and really opaque.  The thing I've been most impressed with is the staying power of this polish.  I work in a job where I am using my hands for 8 hours a day and no matter what I do my nails are always chipped within a half hour of being at work :(  I was so surprised to find that after my first shift of the week my nails hadn't chipped at all and the colour still looked perfect!

I thought that there was no way they'd last the next few shifts but amazingly they've lasted 3 crazy busy days and aside from breaking a nail (which still didn't chip the polish!) they are still going strong!

Nails after 3 shifts and a couple of lazier days, still going strong!

I've been really impressed by Tanya's collection and look forward to see what she'll bring out next.  As for this collection, I think I'm going to have to head back to Superdrug and get a couple more of her pieces before they disappear off the shelves!

Steph
x


No comments:

Post a Comment